House Hunting in DFW & Texas 101
Howdy howdy everybody! Here are some of our top tips for making your next house hunting adventure a success. House hunting in DFW can be a little complicated. Now, I’ve done this with a lot of folks from out of state and around the world, so these tips come to you certified and tested to ensure the best experience. Let’s boot scoot boogie into what you need to know…
- Rent a car
If you’re not sure where you’re going to be looking for a home or know that you want to see everything and multiple cities, please rent a car. You’re not going to regret it. It can take about 2 hours to get from the farthest DFW city in East Dallas to the cities outside of Fort Worth. Here’s a popular place to find affordable rental cars. There are also dozens of Enterprise car rentals around DFW.
- Find a hotel near your favorite neighborhood
If you’re here to test out the area, then it makes sense to stay in the neighborhood or city where you think you want to move. This is going to give you the best experience of seeing what traffic conditions are like and key points of interest.
- Send us a list of cities and neighborhoods at least a week before your trip
To get the most out of our time together, I will need to setup showings and map out the areas to see. This all comes down to maximizing our time as well, so I’ll need the time to line up the best places to see and to navigate the cities efficiently.
Exploring & Things To Do
- Make a list of attractions or sights that are important to you
Does having a nearby mall or museum matter to you? If so, write that down and take note of the attractions around you. Here’s a list of what to do in 3 days in DFW. It has some ideas of attractions and entertainment in different cities.
- Use our list of best restaurants in DFW to maximize your time
Don’t waste time trying to find the best places to eat… we’ve got you covered right here!
- Love to hike or get outdoors? See our list of best hikes and walking paths around DFW.
We’ve put all of our favorite places into one blog for you to check out during your time here.
Have a few days to explore? Check out our article on what to do in 3 days in DFW!
Featured Cities in DFW
- Date Night Idea: The Irving SymphonyLooking for a way to spend a romantic evening? We’re diving into a night out with the Irving Symphony Orchestra. The Irving Symphony is just one of the many exciting community events in Irving Texas that doubles as a wonderful date night or fun family evening out. If you love music and just generally like … Read more
- Best Hiking, Walking, Running Paths in IrvingIf you love the outdoors, then you need to know the best hiking, walking, and running paths in Irving Texas! We share the love for getting outdoors and having fun in the sun. In fact, it’s pretty much an all year thing here in the Dallas area. You may find it a little too chilly … Read more
- Living in Las ColinasWith so much to offer, living in Las Colinas has proven to be both luxurious and comfortable. Its distinct and unique mix of cultures attracts both young families and established families to the area. Plus, it offers a variety of cuisines and things to do. Las Colinas is a major hub of some of the … Read more
- Living in Irving TexasWelcome to the place to learn all about living in Irving Texas! Haven’t heard of this popular Texas city yet? Well, hold on tight because you may have just found your dream destination to live. Nestled next door to the DFW International Airport and just about 15 minutes east of the city of Dallas, Irving … Read more